Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tube strike and social media

When emerged to surface in a couple of kilometres from the destination today I thought of taking a bus from the station first but frightened by the length of the queue I only took a photo of the place and decided to walk instead.

Later I was contacted by CNN iReport producer in connection with those photos taken while walking to office - she had found my pics on Flickr and then called my mobile.

As a result, here is the post: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-489207

Speaking of which, it made think of big brands adopting social content. The first thought of every lucky amateur is to agree, and only few can resist the anticipation - myself I certainly couldn't this time. On the first glance it is a win-win situation for either side, but on the other hand people deliver the product to corporations while nothing in the internet really makes them to - unlike the real world, internet provides an opportunity to reach every author if you really want that without a middleman involved. Still, people easily sacrifice their independence for things that hardly really matter letting others speak on their behalf.

Please don't misunderstand me - I don't mean that "people are robbed" or something of that kind. Pics and stories like these are really cheap (if worth anything at all) even if made by a professional. What I mean is that it is not necessary to share using the corporal services while we don't really need them to communicate, even after the real net anarchy has surely ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment